Keeping Up with the Joneses

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Catching Up

Hmm, apparently I did something wrong back in March when I created a blogspot. Tonight I finally gathered the energy and inspiration to add a post, when to my chagrin I found I couldn't even access my blog. Maybe one of you could figure out what I did wrong, but I figured I'd at least created another one.

Several of you have told me it's high time I post an update. So, here we are. Let's see, in my last post I told you all about Chloe's first day potty training. It's gotten better, though there are still times when it just plain drives me crazy. Like the time I was in the shower and Jed hollered through the door that Chloe was stinky and needed to go potty. I told him to let her in, and found upon her entry that she was indeed stinky but had taken off her stinky diaper and, well, I'll leave the rest to your imagination. So, I had to stop my shower and give her a quick bath, all the while soaking wet and wrapped in a towel myself. Mommy was not a happy camper. When will I learn to roll with the punches of motherhood?

Lindsay's cat had kittens last Tuesday. Only Evan forgot to tell me. Which isn't a big deal except that it came back to bite him. On Friday Evan took Jed with him up to the church to mow the cemetery lawn. While there Jed had to use the bathroom, so they trotted across the street to Lindsay's apartment to avail themselves of her facilities. Jed saw The Cuteness's new kitties, much to his delight. Later that afternoon he told me about them, and I, not having heard anything about them before, assumed they'd just been born that day. So I excitedly called Lindsay to inform her that her cat had just had kittens and thought she might like to know ahead of time! Well, a few hours later she called, but Evan answered. It was so funny hearing him try to recover himself from that one. :-)

I think most of you have heard by now, but in case you haven't, we're moving into the big white parsonage at the top of Chestnut Hill Rd. It's more than twice as big as this house! We can hardly wait. Lord willing, the move will happen by the end of July. We have loved this little house so much, but it's bursting at the seams and we've outgrown it. There'll be so much room to spread out in the new house.

3 Comments:

At 4:17 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Great to have you back blogging! Keep it up! Am so delighted you are moving to the bigger house! I enjoy hearing about what the kids are doing!

 
At 4:19 AM , Blogger the Joneses said...

It makes me very happy that The New England Joneses have a blog, too. Now we can all stay in touch without so much effort, which is pretty pathetic but gets the job done.

Can't wait till August!

-- SJ

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Linds said...

Hurray - you're back! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home