Keeping Up with the Joneses

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The kids are happily playing in the living room listening to some lively music. Looks like a good opportunity to snag a few moments to blog. After a blessed month and a half without any sickness, we recently got socked. Chloe was first with a runny nose, then Jed got sick yesterday--runny nose, throwing up (only once thankfully!), and general yuckiness. Then Tucker woke up in the wee hours this morning burning up with fever. And I feel like someone pumped lead into my veins. Could be that episode with Tucker in the night or else fighting it myself--or both. I AM thankful it all hit when it did and didn't interfere with Evan's and my weekend in Boston.

Yesterday we went to Congress 2006--a huge ecumenical gathering of evangelicals in New England. It was held at the Hynes Convention Center in downtown Boston. Evan was able to go all day Friday and then we both went on Saturday, leaving the kids with Lindsay and Amy Partin. It's hard for me to decide what was the best part about the day: a break from little ones' incessant needs, 12 sweet hours with Evan all to myself, the outstanding talks by some of Christianity's biggest names, or the resource room where you could get books at a fraction of their usual cost. Probably all of the above. It was a wonderful day, and I came away challenged and encouraged in my walk with the Lord.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger Booker said...

Praying it ends quickly! and glad u had a good time :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home