Keeping Up with the Joneses

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I've been tagged!

My cousin Penny tagged me today! In a nutshell, that means I have to list seven random things about myself. I'm also suppoesd to tag seven other people, but since most of the people I'd tag have already been tagged, I'll skip that part. Hope I'm not breaking any rules. :-}

I've been wracking (or is it racking? I'm too lazy to look it up) my brains all day for seven random things about myself that would be remotely interesting. I came to the realization that I've led a pretty quiet, ordinary life. Haven't met many famous people or done many fantastic things to wow my blogging fans. But here are a few things you may or may not already know about me:

1. I once held a boa constrictor around my neck but freaked out a couple of weeks ago when a spider started crawling toward me on my dashboard. I had to pull over and deal with it so I wouldn't drive into a ditch.

2. Evan and I were married only six months after we started getting to know each other. When you know someone is the right one, why wait?! If we hadn't had 3000 miles between us, we probably would have courted longer but we've never regretted anything.

3. Purple is no longer my favorite color. Now I gravitate toward green and pink when I'm buying clothes.

4. I was once robbed in Moscow. During a three-month missions trip to Moscow when I was 17 a few of my teammates had a rare opportunity to see some of the sites in that beautiful city. I failed to heed the warning not to bring anything valuable and had my wallet stolen right out of my coat pocket while on a crowded bus.

5. I once shook hands with Oliver North.

6. I went 11 years without being able to eat chocolate without regretting it. Then all of a sudden last summer I snuck some in and discovered to my delight that it didn't make me sick. Let me tell you, being able to eat chocolate again makes a gluten-free, dairy-free life not seem quite so bleak.

7. I hate salad.

5 Comments:

At 6:34 PM , Blogger Booker said...

Congrats on being able to eat chocolate again! I couldn't live without chocolate :-)

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Booker said...

and "here, here!" to hating salad :-)

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger the Joneses said...

Well, I enjoyed learning seven new things about you!

I still laugh at Darren for being so utterly amazed and dismayed at how soupy Evan got when y'all started courting. Darren didn't make such a great stoic when his turn came. :)

-- SJ

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Lori said...

I started off my morning right today with chocolate. Congratulations on being able to partake again!

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

hurrah for chocolate and double hurrah for being able to eat it.

And who says shaking Ollie North's hand isn't exciting or interesting!? Ditto to being robbed in Moscow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home