Keeping Up with the Joneses

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Hmm, I guess I've used this title before, because as I started typing it in, the program pulled up the rest of it for me. Maybe the reason I've used it before is because these two rascals bear a striking resemblance to the Dr. Seuss characters. Tucker's outfit is entirely of his choosing. Though it's not as bad as the one he put on last week. One morning Chloe knocked on the bathroom door and told me she wanted me to see her and Tucker. So she opens the door and waltzes in dressed up in her yellow Belle dress. Okay, nothing unusual. But the next image was seriously disturbing. Tucker comes in wearing Chloe's fru-fru-y (no idea how that's spelled) red and white polka-dot Minnie Mouse dress, complete with wiggly star headband. Oh my.

We had a nice little chat about how boys don't wear girl's clothes. You'd think I was talking to them in a different language, though. They didn't quite get WHY, so I suggested that Tucker be the prince. That's when I realized the poor kid needs to hang out with more boys his age. He's usually glued to Chloe's side and she's always the ringleader. He's all boy, but every now and then you'll catch him with one of Chloe's ponies or, as in this picture, wearing her princess shoes. It's nothing I'm worried about, just something to watch and gently work through with him--and Chloe! Gotta get her to stop putting her clothes on him.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Blogger Booker said...

:-) Ahh, the joys of child rearing...

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger the Joneses said...

Hmm, with two brothers to grow up with, Tucker probably will resist Chloe's softening influence all too well as the years go by.

-- SJ

 
At 5:44 AM , Blogger The Boisverts said...

heeheee... so funny, b/c I know he will come to an age where he looks back at his "outfits" and will be horrified! I can hear a deep, teenaged voice saying, (as he's being told of his former dressing-up days)..."Mooooommmmmmm!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home