Keeping Up with the Joneses

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Better than tin cans and an old shoe

This afternoon Chloe, Tucker, and I left Jed with Uncle Derrick while we took a meal to a family in our church who just had a baby. Partway home I began noticing a strange hissing sound that I couldn't place. As I drove into our driveway, Evan, who'd just gotten home, was jumping on the trampoline with Jed. He started laughing when he saw me drive in. Mystified, I got out and he asked, "What did you bring home with you?!" I looked behind my car, and there to our great amusement was about 40 feet of landscape netting, followed by about 20 feet of string! On my way home I had pulled over to the side of the road to talk on my cell phone in a rare undead spot. On the shoulder some road workers had recently laid down some kind of netting to help grass grow on the side of the road--or at least that's what I assume it was for (WAS being the operative word here). As I pulled out, somehow it got stuck on my axle and followed me for about 7 miles. If there was anybody behind me on my home they must have been vastly amused. Evan and I laughed our heads off. The transportation department of Bedford won't be so amused when they see what some careless driver did to their well-laid work!

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM , Blogger Linds said...

Can you imagine all the conversations around the dinner tables of the people that passed you on the way home?? "You'll never guess what I saw..."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home