Keeping Up with the Joneses

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Our household has been hit hard with sickness. We've had a relatively light winter in that regard, but first Evan came down with a bad cold about a week and a half ago, then it hit Tucker, Chloe, Jed, and me in rapid succession. Yesterday and today I've been so sick I've hardly gotten out of bed. Evan has been absolutely wonderful, taking care of the kids and making sure I'm able to get all the rest I need. Chloe has been hit hard too. It's so hard to see your little ones feeling miserable, especially when you're so miserable yourself you can hardly lift a finger to help them. One good thing today was that Chloe took a nap with me in bed. Later when Evan was out getting a haircut Jed and Chloe were a little bored (Tucker was napping), so they played quietly on my bed and read a book. Jed has been so solicitous and concerned for me. He'll ask me if I'm feeling better and say things like, "You'll feel better after you get some breakfast." (This he's heard from me a number of times when I'm explaining to him that I'm grouchy before I've had anything to eat.) And many times through the day he's said, "I sure do love you!" Such a little sweetie.

As much as I don't like the idea of kids and parents having favorites, we're already seeing how Jed and Chloe have strong leanings toward one of us over the other. Jed is definitely a mama's boy, and Chloe is Daddy's girl through and through. Yesterday morning she crawled into bed with us and said to Evan, "You're my best friend!" She's never said that to me! Jed and Evan's relationship and Chloe's and mine are very good and strong, but you can definitely see how they each gravitate toward one of us over the other. We're not sure yet what Tucker will be like in that regard. Right now he's happy with anyone who'll give him lots of lovin's!

Emily and kitten continue to be doing well, though the poor baby has been manhandled by Tucker a time or two. Somehow the laundry room door got left opened today, and Evan found Tucker in there gleefully dangling the kitten by its head. Poor thing! It's probably still seeing stars.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger Brenda Jo said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It is sweet how the kids tend out on you when they see you're sick enough to be in bed.

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Hope you're feeling better! How sweet of Jed to be your little comforter.

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Booker said...

i hope you guys are feeling better...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home