Keeping Up with the Joneses

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Mama

Most everyone who knows me and Evan knows that I am slightly taller than he, a fact that has never been an issue for us. But apparently it deeply disturbs Chloe. A month or so ago she said to me, "I thought daddies were supposed to be taller than mommies." To her it just wasn't right that Mommy was taller than Daddy. So I assured her that even though daddy is a little shorter, he's a whole lot stronger! That seemed to appease her for the moment, but Evan told me later that day that she had talked about it with him too, and she's mentioned it a number of times since. Funny how it really bothers her.

As if that wasn't enough, Tucker has somehow picked up on it too. He has some creative ways of communicating since his vocabulary is so limited. So things that are little are "baby" and things that are big are "mama." Not daddy--mama. So his potty chair is "baby kee" and the toilet is "mama kee." Other things are baby size or mama size. Very flattering.

Had a wonderful visit with my dear cousin and friend Penny last night. She was up here for Paige's memorial service and was free to spend the night with me. It was so good to get caught up! We stayed up till 11:00 talking and laughing. I so appreciate her friendship. Thank the Lord for friends that you can bare your heart to and know you're safe with, who love you no matter what. Sure wish she didn't have to live all the way down in Georgia!

Also had a fabulous week with Evan's mom. Once again she blessed us with her presence, washing dishes, babysitting--a lot!--taking me out for dinner, playing with the kids.... Happy times. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I absolutely lucked out in the in-law department. I used to pray before I met Evan that I would like my future husband's family. Wow, the Lord answered that prayer big time!

Another busy week ahead--homeschooling, housekeeping, proofreading, Thanksgiving! We're having Derrick, Wesley, Lindsay, and Lindsay's friend Stephanie for dinner on Thursday. Sounds like fun!

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Wish I could have joined you and Penny! I'm sure you had a wonderful time. :-)

Maybe you should inform Chloe that Daddy weighs more than Mama, so therefore he is bigger!

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger ~jenna said...

my sister is at least a couple of inches taller than me, BUT she will forever be my little sister!!

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger pennyjean said...

I love you, too, dear friend!

 
At 3:57 AM , Blogger Lori said...

I like "baby kee" and "mama kee"! Ha Ha!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home