Keeping Up with the Joneses

Friday, May 27, 2005

Ah, the logic of a four year old

Last night the dinner dishes never got washed because Thursday is my night to leave the kids with Evan while I go grocery shopping. And since I left right after dinner and Evan had his hands full bathing the kids, putting them down for the night, then doing paperwork and phone calls, they just didn't get done. (Plus, we have no dishwasher. Yes, please feel sorry for me.)

This morning we had waffles for breakfast, which further added to the mess. Several unexpected things came into the day, and kids seem to have this thing against Mommy being at the sink for more than two minutes before they have a need. So I was never able to put more than a small dent in them by dinnertime. (Dear Evan did them all singlehandedly before and after dinner, though, bless his wonderful little heart. And Lindsay pitched in too, bless her dear little heart as well!)

However, the direction I'm trying to go with this story is regarding something Jed said. As I was starting to work on a strawberry rhubarb pie, I griped very loudly, "I think every dish in the house is dirty right now!" Jed overheard me, and his very logical response was, "That's okay. You can just wash them." Just wait till you're old enough to wash the dishes, pal. Then you'll understand.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Won't be long and he will be doing your dishes for you! But isn't four year old logic wonderful! Enjoy it!

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Booker said...

You are training him to be a very manly man :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home