Keeping Up with the Joneses

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Of limps and leukemia

On Sunday morning Jed woke up with a bad limp and pain in his left leg, as well as a vomiting spell. Now Jed has cousins on BOTH sides who have had leukemia (my niece Jessica and Evan's cousin Bethany), and since leg pain and vomiting can be symptoms of leukemia, I freaked out. That afternoon I took him to the ER where it was confirmed that he does NOT have leukemia; they couldn't figure out what was wrong. That's when I realized how much I'd over-reacted! All I needed to do was take him to the chiropractor. So we went there this morning and found that, yes, his hips were out of whack. She said that can happen when a child is going through a growth spurt. She recommended that he go in for an adjustment every three months and get X-rays when he's 10. Since Evan and I both have scoliosis, the poor kid has a pretty good chance of being susceptible to it himself.

We are thanking the Lord that he doesn't have anything serious and that it was easily remedied!

5 Comments:

At 6:04 PM , Blogger Brenda Jo said...

Your poor mother nerves! Hope you're fine now.

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Thank the Lord that there was an easy remedy. I think I might have reacted the same way given the family history. Lord bless you and your precious family.

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Fears can sure do funny things to a feller... ...glad yours have been allayed---maybe spendin' a few weeks hossback a-ridin' the range would cure what ever ails ol' Jed?! 8~)

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Booker said...

Well, I am glad that it wasn't anything so dire. God be praised...

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Loreo said...

What's kinda interesting is that when Jessica was sick, I actually took her to a chiropractor before taking her to the ER! Your situation is the more desirable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home