Keeping Up with the Joneses

Thursday, June 15, 2006



If you had dropped in on us at any given time through the day today you would have found Jed riding his new bike or playing with his new toys, Chloe and Tucker running around outside--and me hunched over the dining room table slaving over THIS. Actually, I haven't had this much fun in a long time! When I bought this kit for Jed at his request, I failed to study the package. If I'd known that it came with about 200 unassembled Legos pieces and the youngest age they recommended was age 7, I would have put my foot down. When he opened the box today and asked me to assemble it, displaying four plastic bags full of hundreds of tiny Legos, I groaned. But once I got started I was hooked! The kitchen didn't get cleaned up till nearly 4:30 and the kids had to drag me away anytime they had a need, but it was fun!

8 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Chuckle!!! 8~)

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

I well remember spending hours in great delight building something with legos that Penny got one Christmas. I think I had way more fun than she did! Lego's are great.

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger drewey fern said...

I'm so impressed with you! A whole new dimension to the idea of super-mom:)

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Loreo said...

I miss your kids!!! Did you think of that sword cake on your own? Jed must be an expert on Nahnia now!

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger ljm said...

Wow...cool robot! I cannot believe Jed is 6!!

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Jed wanted a Narnia cake, so after searching online I found the directions for a sword cake. It was really easy to make.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Aaron said...

I love legos! They can be lots of fun, but I don't indulge myself very often. Happy Birthday to Jed!!!

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger maldrich said...

I know this feeling. I felt the same way at Jonathon's b-day when he got a Playmobile castle and I spent about two hours on it. It was tedious, but I found I enjoyed the challenge of a new puzzle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home