Keeping Up with the Joneses

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Pickles and ice cream

When referring to the sometimes odd cravings pregnant women can experience, you often hear about pickles and ice cream. So far I haven't had any bizarre cravings, but last night when we were watching a show, one of the characters was eating a pickle--and suddenly I NEEDED a pickle! The only thing that kept me from jumping into the car was the fact that it takes 15 minutes to get to the nearest grocery store, not to mention it was 9:30 p.m. I managed to squash that longing until this afternoon when I went grocery shopping and grabbed a jar off the shelf of Vlasic dill spears. I had to eat two spears on the way home. Ahhh, happy tummy!

Some of you have kindly asked how I'm feeling. Much better now. For about four weeks I was feeling nauseated almost all day, especially around dinnertime and into the evening. But the worst of it has passed. Tomorrow Baby will be 12 weeks along! One website said the baby is about the size of a fig. The previous week it was a walnut. I'm in that frustrating in-between stage where I'm too big to wear many of my normal clothes but too small to wear many maternity clothes without looking ridiculous. Ah, well, that'll pass soon enough!

6 Comments:

At 8:43 PM , Blogger ethan demme said...

mmm sounds tasty :-)

it was good to see you for a
brief while when I was up that
a'way

 
At 5:48 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Funny how that works...! 8~)

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger the Joneses said...

When I was newly-pregnant with Addie, Darren announced to a table-full of people that he'd "already made the pickles and ice cream run." I indignantly clarified that the pickles were for me, and the ice cream was for him. But it was too late.

Mm. Pickles sound good, though. Glad you're past the icky stage. I'm in the "oh, ow, do I have to stand up because my joints all hurt" stage.

-- SJ

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger maldrich said...

Congrats! I had not heard! How exciting! I haven't gotten to the feeling icky stage yet- I only found out yesterday, but I love telling people as soon as I know. AND...it's nice to know I'm part of the "in" crowd somewhere. Over here in Dublin, pregnancy is out and nursing is in! Haha. Hope to see you sometime soon.

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

I still remember a craving I had for oranges. My hubby faithfully went out, bought six , and I ate them all. He was so disappointed that I didn't share! Selfish me never even thought of letting him have some! They were good too!

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Linds said...

Poor thing! You could have popped over here, b/c even though I'm not preggers, I do have pickles in the fridge :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home