Keeping Up with the Joneses

Monday, August 07, 2006

Jed the Minute Man


At least one of you asked if I had a picture of Jed wearing his minute man costume, so I finally got around to taking one. I had to take what I could get, though, since Jed didn't feel like changing into pants, which would have made him look a little more authentic. :-) Here he is using a metal pipe for a musket. He has informed me multiple times that he needs a musket for Christmas. In the meantime he's uncomplainingly making do with what he has on hand.

9 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Blogger Aaron said...

Nice minuteman scimitar. :)

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Loreo said...

Check out this website, Jill; they have lots of neat Civil War stuff for kids who want to dress up and play: fcsutler.com.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Impressive!

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, I'm sure some breeches would change the whole character of the ensemble, but the upper part looks pretty good!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger CKS said...

Probably pulling on the pants would have made him a Minute-and-fifteen-second man. :-)

I love your family, Jill!

 
At 4:59 AM , Blogger Jill said...

Craig, that's hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh. :-)

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I seem to recall the Musket I had way back when was of a similar quality...

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Booker said...

*agrees with Asa

A REAL Minuteman leapt to do his duty, no matter what ;-)

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Jed may just go into Law Enforcment someday...seems to me he loves the whole uniform thing! (army, minuteman, jedi knight, etc...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home