Keeping Up with the Joneses

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Thank God for new computers!

Yay! We finally have a new computer! Now I can blog again. I've missed you all! We have this great new Compaq with a cool keyboard and flatscreen monitor and bells and whistles that our ancient 3 1/2-year-old computer didn't have. Derrick (a.k.a. Ryusoma) came over Thursday night to help me get it set up. Thanks, Derrick! How kind of you to give up an hour of your evening to help us out.

Last night Evan and I watched an incredibly intense movie. Actually, Evan fell asleep halfway through. He must have been exhausted because it was anything but slow. Have any of you seen Timeline? Oh, my word. Talk about edge of your seat. I won't bore you with a description, except to say that it's about seven people who go back in time to 1357--right during the 100 years' war between France and England--and only three make it back. They even changed history, which totally weirds me out. All night long I had dreams about going back in time and getting stuck there because the device that was supposed to bring me back to the future didn't work. Argh.

Lindsay, Evan, and the kids are out enjoying their weekly Saturday morning trek to Dunkin Donuts. Not as much as I am, though! Think I'll go crawl back in bed and read a book before they come home. Because once they're back there won't be much chance to rest. Ah, the sacrifices of parenthood. One thing that's taken some getting used to about being a mother is the 24/7/365 constancy of it. There are no vacations or days off with this job! So thank the Lord for a kind husband who gives me Saturday morning and for babysitters who help me maintain my sanity.

Tonight our good friends Dan and Ruth Murray are coming for dinner. They're leaving their kids with a babysitter, and as soon as we put our kids to bed we can have some uninterrupted time to visit. It's so wonderful when a husband and wife can find a couple they both feel close to. That's how it is with Dan and Ruth for us. Unfortunately, there haven't been many times when we've been able to visit without needing to attend to our little ones, so tonight looks awfully good to us!

7 Comments:

At 7:26 AM , Blogger Booker said...

Timeline-the movie was a down and dirty version of the book. If you liked the movie[which it seems you did], you will LOVE the book. The only thing is there is a strong flavor of profanity thru out it. I think it is one character tho. Ask wesley, he has the book.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Yay, I was so glad to see a new post! Enjoy your new computer and restful Saturday!

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I did enjoy aspects of the movie but would probably never watch it again. The battles were a little too intense for my taste, and I hate it when the good guys die! There was some profanity, though not horrible. I am intrigued at the idea of reading the book. Haven't read any of Michael Crichton's novels. Maybe someday.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jill, have you been to my blog page yet? It's
elven-girl92.blogspot.com
Melody

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger the Joneses said...

Hurray! Glad to see you back online! Lindsay called me while they were out on Saturday so Chloe could talk to me. The conversation went along the lines of, "Hi! Mememememememe," so I knew who exactly who it was.

I'm so glad you get Saturday mornings "off." Well, all right, a little envious, but mostly glad. :) Would love to be able to send my two off and drop in for a Saturday morning chat!

-- SJ

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger ljm said...

I hope your Compaq lasts longer than ours did!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Sounds good to me, Sara! You'll have to see if you can persuade Darren. :-)

Liane, did your Compaq have problems? Sounds like you have a story.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home