Keeping Up with the Joneses

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Big Girl

I will try to keep the details of this blog to a minimum, since those of my readers who are not yet parents may find it a little tedious. I think the mothers (and baby-sitters and day care workers) among my readers will appreciate what a BIG DEAL this is that I have to report.

Chloe is finally potty trained! She's been able to use the potty chair for about a year now and has been in pullups since last summer. All my attempts to get her completely switched over to underwear ended in disaster. I've always heard you can't push these things and you have to wait until they recognize they're ready. Well, on Monday, apparently Chloe made that switch in her mind when she woke up, because there's no going back for her! I bought her some more big girl panties on Monday night, which she announced she loved. She had a few accidents yesterday but did manage to use the bathroom at the grocery store, so thankfully all the accidents were confined to home. I am very happy at the prospect of my grocery bill being a little smaller. Now we just have to convince her to wear a pull-up at night, because she's definitely not ready to give that up, as the past few nights can attest!

Another milestone we hope will happen tonight is her sleeping in her own room. Ever since we moved here last summer she's been sleeping with Jed in his double bed. Although this wasn't our favorite arrangement, it was a battle we weren't willing to fight. Well, today I rearranged her room, and as I was rearranging it Chloe and I talked about how now that she's a big girl wearing big girl underwear, she's old enough to sleep in her own room. She got all excited and has assured me that's what she wants to do. Tonight will be the test!

Let's see...other news...oh, we got to have my dad here last weekend. He was out for the church convention at Fairwood and spent Thursday night with us. On Saturday we met him for lunch in Peterborough, and on Monday he joined us for lunch and a visit. It took Chloe no time at all to glom onto Grandpa and declare him her best friend. It was precious to see the two of them talking and see Chloe really connect with him.

As if it wasn't special enough that we just had one grandparent here, we get another one this weekend! Nana is coming tomorrow afternoon and staying through Monday. Though the reason for her visit is a very sad one (she's here for Aunt Jan's funeral), we're thrilled to have her for a few days. The kids are terribly excited. We all love having Nana visit!

6 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger ljm said...

Hurray for Chloe!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Three cheers for Chloe! I rejoice with you!

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Brenda Jo said...

Nana is so dear!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Can Chloe come to our house and give Becca some potty training instruction? Yeah for Chloe!! Yeah for you Jill! Only one in diapers now!

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Claire said...

GLOM! Now THAT is an awesome word.

And good for Chloe!

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger KW said...

Hurray! This is a HUGE thing, and all of us moms applaud you:)

Still working on Lexie, and hoping for the best, but glad to hear it's been a year for you--that gives me hope. She loves wearing the princess pullups...maybe I should find her some princess undies?:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home