Keeping Up with the Joneses

Friday, April 14, 2006

This past week I added to Jed's daily chore chart the job of making his bed each day. Only he doesn't understand that it has to be done EVERY DAY. On Tuesday I reminded him that he needed to make his bed. His reply: "But I made it yesterday!" Ah, yes, my little man. This is your first lesson in the DAILYness of life!

Today Chloe informed me that a cut on her leg was all better. In her own words, it died! She also informed me she had seen a pink dog today that bit her leg and then ate her blood. Sigh. It's hard to raise a feminine girl when she has an older brother. Well, I guess that's not altogether true. In most ways Chloe is altogether feminine, to the point of scaring her parents, as I'm sure you can understand from reading past blogs. This afternoon I informed Chloe that we were going to a Good Friday service at church tonight. "Oh!" she said. "Me wear my heart dress and these shoes!" I do this too, and I think many women do--almost the first thing I think about when I know I'm going to a special event is what I'm going to wear. Chloe's already doing that and she's not even three yet!

11 Comments:

At 4:52 AM , Blogger Linds said...

A pink dog?? Where in the world does she think of these things??
And I completely get the whole wardrobe thing... it's esp embarrassing when I learn that there's going to be a funeral and that's the first thought that pops into my head.

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Linds said...

Um - I know I'm up early for a Saturday, but it's not as early as the previous posting makes it look like... hmmm!

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Way to go Chloe.

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger Booker said...

Yes, when I walked over and said hi to Jed, she came racing over and made sure I looked at her pink dress and made sure I knew it was from Nanna :-)

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger KW said...

That is really cute about Chloe thinking about clothes....

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

she certainly was proud of the dress.
I can honestly say that I'm glad my wardrobe isn't the first thing I think of when I'm told of a special event :)

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Chloe sure reminds me of her grandma Abram! :-)

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger CKS said...

What, Kristi, does Aunt Marge see pink dogs that bite her leg and eat her blood?

Oh, you must have meant the clothes thing.

:-)

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, I meant the thinking of clothes thing. She hasn't mentioned anything about pink dogs. :-)

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche and I are a-Chucklin'... 8~D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home