Keeping Up with the Joneses

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

Yesterday at breakfast Jed, our resident enthusiast for anything military related, proclaimed, "I'm so glad America is fighting in Iraq so I don't have to be scared that they'll come to America and hurt us!"

Also at breakfast yesterday Chloe noticed the fog outside and said, "When it stops foggying [this word took several tries for her to pronounce clearly] we can play outside."

The other morning I woke up with inspiration for a blog that would be titled something like "You know it's going to be a rough day when..." I'll try out a few here.

1. You know it's going to be a rough day when you wake up to one of the kids hollering at you that the cat has thrown up on the living room rug (barely a foot away from the hardwood floor).

2. You know it's going to be a rough day when you wake up to the announcement that Tucker has taken off his very stinky, messy diaper and is running around upstairs with nothing but a shirt on, sitting on stuff and such.

3. You know it's going to be a rough day when you wake up and can't find your glasses on the nighstand. Being blind as a bat, you flounder helplessly. Later, after you've put contacts into your sleepy, scratchy eyes, you discover Tucker absconded with them and hid them under your bed. Thankfully, they're still intact and unharmed, unlike Evan's, whose got mangled beyond repair recently by aforementioned toddler.

Just a few fun things that have happened recently. On a more cheerful note, Jed started Drama Kids yesterday. It's a fabulous drama program that helps kids with elocution, being comfortable in front of an audience, finding an outlet for their love of acting, etc. He was bubbling with excitement about it yesterday afternoon when I picked him up. It's so nice for him to be able to channel all that role playing into something really constructive (not that what he does in dressing up isn't constructive, but you know what I mean!).

We're hoping to buy a bunkbed for the boys this weekend. If it all works out I'll post a picture. Tucker is so ready for a bed, and with his crib and Jed's full-sized bed their room is pretty crowded.

I'm putting off the inevitable. I did something to my lower back (or my expanding belly did) that has suddenly made walking extremely painful this afternoon. Since sitting brings relief, I'm trying to think of everything I can to blog about before heaving myself into the kitchen to fix dinner. Think I'll wait till Evan gets home and enlist his help. :-) Maybe I'll go catch up on some e-mails now. Wouldn't that be a novel idea!

6 Comments:

At 4:50 PM , Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

I knew you were busy...but WOW! And from the moment you wake up!

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Claire said...

Oh my goodness- I'm SO impressed with Jed's astute analysis of the war! I think that kid is headed for his own talk show on the Fox News channel!

Hope you're feeling better...

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

I can just see it -- Jed on the Sean Hannity TV show, giving his perceptive analysis of the world and taking the country by storm! Or better yet, talking to Pres. Bush himself!

And about Tucker, how you can sleep peacefully in the mornings knowing there's a three-foot destroyer roaming the house is beyond me! Bless your little frazzled heart!

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Loreo said...

I am going to save "foggying" to my personal favorites!! Try icing your back, when you sit for a spell--it really helps. Miss you and love you all!!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Booker said...

having kids sounds very scary :-)

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger lis said...

Here's hoping your back behaves!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home