Keeping Up with the Joneses

Monday, October 23, 2006

Accidents that make you laugh

Yesterday afternoon we took the kids to the playground. As we were on our way back to the car, Jed was plowing ahead, running and roaring (which he seems to do a lot of these days). Chloe was walking sedately a few feet in front of him when she stopped short and--you guessed it. Jed bowled her over, stepped on her head, and landed on his nose. Now normally I don't find the kids' accidents humorous, but this one really hit my funny bone. As I knelt down on the ground to comfort two screaming kids, it was all I could do not to laugh my head off. Of course neither one was seriously injured; they were fine five minutes later. What added to the humor was that as Evan took Chloe to comfort her, Tucker took advantage of the opportunity to race back to the playground from which we'd already had to forcibly remove him. I was so glad Evan was there to help! Lindsay drove in to the playground at that moment and was met by quite a sight!

Time to go get the kids some breakfast. It's grocery day and the cupboard is bare. I'm hoping we have enough milk to fix cereal. It's amazing how much food we go through these days. What's it going to be like when they're teenagers and their appetites have doubled?!

7 Comments:

At 12:07 PM , Blogger ~jenna said...

Jill, the story made me laugh, I can't imagine if I was there:)

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger maldrich said...

Hmmm...grocery bills...I think about that whole teenager thing too! I have no idea how we will ever feed everyone! Good thing God says not worry about what we will eat cause it would keep me awake at night otherwise! They eat sooo much already!

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Booker said...

Hahahahahaa! I laughed at the part about Tucker, how like Human Nature, eh? :-)

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Ha ha ha! I'm laughing just picturing the whole scene. Where's the video camera when you need it? Think of all the money you might have won from America's Funniest Home Videos!

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Cheech said...

:)

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Cara said...

It made me laugh to picture the little tumble Jed and Chloe took, especially the part where he stepped on her head. I'm glad they weren't hurt more than they were, there's nothing like a nasty scrape from asphalt.

 
At 12:58 AM , Blogger Loreo said...

You already know how weak I am when it comes to people getting boo boos and thinking it's funny. And my kids are not teenagers yet and they are human kitchen vacuums. Oh, and we have a canine and a feline vacuum, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home