Keeping Up with the Joneses

Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm tired of being sick. I'm tired of being oh-so-careful about my diet, only to slip up on one small thing and then pay for it for days. Tonight I crashed on the couch after dinner, fell into a deep sleep despite the happy noises emanating from upstairs, and felt my stomach start to relax. Now I'm up surfing blogs and feeling the need to pour out my complaint. Stomach still hurts. Not exactly sure what it's unhappy about this time, but it's been extra bad off and on since last August. Allergy testing last November revealed a plethora of allergies I didn't know I had but suspected. The doctor said to stay off those foods for a few months and take some supplements, which should give my body time to heal itself. Yeah, easier said than done. Do you know how many foods contain soy, and dairy, and eggs, and beans, and almonds, and gluten, etc.?

I'm tired of having to push myself through each day when I feel like something the cat dragged in and all I want to do is crawl into bed and never come out again.

BUT...I am so thankful for God's grace! Thankful for this thorn in the flesh that drives me to Him over and over and over again, crying out for strength to get through one more rock-in-the-stomach day. Thankful for my dear husband and precious kiddos that keep me busy and give me something to get up for each morning. Thankful that my heavenly Father cares and has a purpose in this suffering. Thankful for hope and faith that He is able to heal me. Thankful that He does give me just enough strength to push past the discomfort and fulfill my many duties. Thankful for the days here and there when the stomach is happy and I feel well.

5 Comments:

At 3:34 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Gosh. I appreciate your honesty and bemoan your suffering. I think you are at a high maintenance mother stage, with the tikes the age they are. What about seeing Edie Anderson when you come out for some of that spinal-work-related-to-allergies stuff she does? I have my own personal thorns, which causes anxiety and stress. They also get me to my knees quite effectively. For me, it's usually money related, or sometimes husband related. Sorry your stummy hurts. Hope and pray relief is on the way. Love you!

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Cara said...

I"m so sorry, Jill. I lived like that for a month and couldn't stand it. I'm believing that things get much better for you.

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Oh Jill! I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time! It really is true, that if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...well, you know what I mean!
If you need anything, even just an encouraging word, please call me! I'm here for you!

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Linds said...

I'm so sorry.
LOVE YOU!

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger The Boisverts said...

Good for you for being honest and authentic. Having said that, I so wish there was some way I could take some of the belly ache for you, my sister.
Praying for relief for you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home