Keeping Up with the Joneses

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thank you to all you dear people who commented on my recent blog and extended your sympathy. It was much appreciated. :-) So far we've managed to escape any more incidents as horrendous as the tick and dung dance, just more typical stuff like Tucker escaping from his crib repeatedly, and his propensity for stripping off his clothes and relieving himself on the carpet. Just typical toddler stuff.

Dad, you asked what the nurse told me to do about the tick. She discouraged using a flame (I couldn't anyway since it was on Tucker's head and covered by hair) but said to use a pair of tweezers and grab the tick close to its head and tug gently. I managed to do this and keep its head intact. Then per her instructions I washed the site with warm soapy water and put some antibiotic ointment on it. So, that was that. Now I'm supposed to watch for a bull's-eye rash, fever, and cold symptoms within the next few weeks that might indicate Lyme's disease.

Avalance Cowpoke, you're absolutely right--there isn't any other kind of tick than a nasty tick. The things are just plain vile.

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM , Blogger lis said...

And you wonder why people think of it as being "just a mom."

!

Congratulations, Supermom! :O)

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

So you really are a-sayin' that it's ok for a Mom to get tick-ed off sometimes? 8~)

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Booker said...

Jill, I know you can pick up special tweezers designed for pulling out ticks, something about the way the tongs are placed so it pulls the head out too. Let me check with my coworker for more info...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home