Keeping Up with the Joneses

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Don't try this at home

This morning as I was putting in my contacts I absentmindedly reached for the bottle of Clear Care solution and squirted my right contact with it. The minute it was in my eye my eye started burning like crazy. That's when I realized my mistake. Clear Care has to go in a special case that contains a metal that interacts with the solution and is neutralized after six hours. I felt really stupid. Three hours later my eye is still red and not a bit interested in wearing a contact any time soon. Thank the Lord my glasses are still fairly up-to-date!

We're having a stir-crazy kind of morning. It's sunny but all the kids are fighting colds so they can't go outside. We're not doing school this week and the kids are bouncing off the walls, even with the games we've been playing and stories we've been reading. As my grandma Abram used to say, "You'd sell them to the gypsies for a penny and a half if there were half-pennies, but since there aren't you'll keep them after all."

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my word, isn't that just the WORST? When I was being taught how to put my contacts in, I didn't rinse them enough with saline, and the next thing I knew-AAAAAAAHHHH!

In other words, I can relate to that. :)

That saying made me laugh. :)

 
At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll just stay with my glasses, thankyou.

Hope the kiddo's can get out soon and burn off some energy...

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Ow, I use ClearCare, too, and have a horror of doing that sometime! I'm usually able to pop the contacts right into my eye without rinsing, which is nice and safe.

 
At 4:31 AM , Blogger Jill said...

You're right, you can just pop them into right into your eye without rinsing, but I had just switched back to Clear Care after using another solution for a while that did require rinsing. I had a horrible moment of forgetfulness!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home