Keeping Up with the Joneses

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pictures and stuff

This is the site that greeted us this morning. My very first birthday snowstorm! At 3:00 this afternoon it has stopped and the driveway is clear, but I'd just like to say that we really didn't need any more of the stuff. We still have yet to see what our yard really looks like. Come on, spring!
Daddy's big helper

She claims she's a bride. :-) Isn't it a good thing little girls' taste changes as they grow? Or don't you wish you could wear a dress like this for your wedding, Kristi?

Jed's latest passion--Star Wars Legos. Isn't he adorable?



All four kids have been terribly sick this week--fever, runny noses, lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing. Have I left out anything? Evan had it last weekend. Had to stay home from church and work on Monday, then limped through a long week of work. Miraculously by God's grace and mercy I have managed to stay healthy. Considering how the others' have been affected, it would have been a pretty rough week if Mommy had been sick too. I am so ready for everybody to be well, though! My best birthday present today was seeing the older three run around playing, even if it was for only about 20 minutes before they crashed. They haven't done much more than watch movies, lie on the couch, and sleep all week. Oh, the other best present was the three youngest taking LONG naps today all at the same time!


Be advised that if you repetitively wipe your nose with your sleeve over several days' duration you will wear down the skin on your nose and end up looking like this poor pathetic guy. Yes, that is simply blood from an abrasion on his nose caused by constant rubbing. Anybody got any clever ideas for getting him to stop wiping his nose or how to help his nose heal without actually using a Band-Aid, which lasted about 60 seconds when I tried earlier?
So today I turned 33. It's been one of the quietest birthdays I've ever had. We had grand plans to go to the Yankee Candle Factory in Mass. today but sickness and a snowstorm forced us to postpone. But I determined yesterday that I was going to enjoy this day anyway, and it's been great! I have gotten to spend it with my five most favoritist people in the whole world. I've had a chance to work on my quilt (more about that in another post), we all watched the new Ten Commandments animated movie this morning (excellent flick, by the way!), we're going to order take-out from our favorite Mexican restaurant in town, and to top it all off, Lindsay and I are getting together tonight for some sister time--a perfect end to a happy day. I am blessed.





10 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Blogger The Boisverts said...

Happy, happy birthday!

The Yankee Candle Factory is so fun and nice-smelling. :-) Better to go when the kids can actually muster a whiff through non-clogged noses, huh? :-) Poor little guys!!!

For Tucker's raw nose: my boys get that sometimes, too... as a matter of fact Cam's nose was bloody today I think from the same thing. I use Vaseline, enough for a good barrier but not too much to block the nostrils, and it helps heal my boys' raw noses, upper lips and even raw patches on their faces. I find when I put it on them overnight they wake up much better. That pic of T is so sweet...poor kiddo!
Hope all the kids are on the mend soon!!! Have fun tonight with takeout and time with your sis; I hear your sister is a wonderful and fun gal and I can't wait to meet her again! Happy day, Jill.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger the Joneses said...

Happy Birthday!

Snow and sickness and bloody noses... it's a good thing that not every birthday has to be magical and special! Good for you for enjoying your life As Is. (I'm still working on that, but I do know it'll be a darn sight easier when spring comes.)

Hope you and Lindsay had a great time... although maybe not QUITE as much fun as if I were there, too. :)

-- SJ

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger KMS said...

Happy birthday, friend! I mailed you a card, but I don't know if it got there in time.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger jilljones said...

Aha, Vaseline! Thanks for the tip, Jen. My doctor told me recently that dermatologists say Vaseline is about the best lotion for dry, chapped skin. I'll put a little of that on Tucker's nose tonight and see how it is in the morning. Thanks!

Sara, Lindsay and I would have LOVED to have you there with us tonight! Wish you were closer!

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger jilljones said...

Oh my word, I can't believe I used the wrong spelling for sight in the first paragraph! What I meant to say was that the snow was the SIGHT that greeted us yesterday morning. Argh. Editors aren't supposed to make mistakes like that. :-(

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Aaron said...

Actually, I'm not sure we've had enough snow yet this year. Normally, I would say we had enough about the time we reach the average of 50 inches; but now that we've already got 102 inches and are only 20 inches away from the 1873-1874 record, I say let's go all the way! Besides, we only got 19.3 inches total last year, so it's not like the HUGE amount of snow is a perpetual problem. :)

I love the pictures of the kids. Especially that first one of Chloe: her wedding dress is quite ravishing. And I love Tucker's expression in the picture of the kids in the Papasan chair.

Finally, I can definitely sympathize with the sickness. A hefty percentage of the people at Fairwood came down with something this past week - just before free weekend. I came down with it Thursday (after my birthday, fortunately), and am just starting to feel better today. Hope everyone is completely well at your house soon!

 
At 9:47 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I use Neosporin under the girls noses as soon as they start a cold. I think it makes a big difference.....

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, wow, that's quite the "bridal" outfit! Maybe you should inform her of the all-white rule. ;-) But hey, I could wear red tights under my dress and maybe nobody would really know! And if they say a red ankle, at least it would match the bridesmaid dresses!
That's such a cute and pathetic picture of the three kids all sick together.

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger ~jenna said...

sad to say, no point in changing the first 2 photos...still looks like this, arghhhh

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger ~jenna said...

looking forward to spring and the chance to catch up with old friends ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home