Keeping Up with the Joneses

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Summer!

I have been looking forward to this summer with great anticipation. The other night I was talking about it with Evan, commenting on how it's been a long time since a summer has looked so good. Then we figured out why. These are the reasons:

1. I'm not pregnant or caring for a newborn (summers 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007).

2. I'm not recovering from two miscarriages (2001).

3. I'm not moving into a new house with three little ones in tow (2005).

4. I'm not trying to keep a needy toddler entertained 24/7 while feeling sick (2002).

So pretty much since 1999--which, by the way, was the best summer ever, my first with Evan--summers have held happy things but have been overshadowed by other challenges. This summer looks wonderfully full of playdates with friends, day trips to fun places, the Downeaster campout in Maine, a ladies' retreat this weekend, an AIR-CONDITIONED HOUSE, getting to know our new neighbors, NO SCHOOL . . . you get the picture. :-)

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM , Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a summer to look forward to! So happy for you Jill! Enjoy!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger The Boisverts said...

Just wanted to share that today, after prayer (during Bible time at VBS)... Chloe piped up with "I asked Jesus into MY heart!" She told us how she had prayed with Daddy to ask the Lord into her heart... some of the other little girls in the group were very interested in what she had to say about that, so she was encouraged to share about it even more with them this week. :-) Probably the most precious moment of the day for me! A sweet little girl you've got there... and maybe an evangelist, too!!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Jill said...

Jen, thanks so much for telling me about that! Chloe definitely has a tender heart for the Lord and cares about people. I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to use her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home