Keeping Up with the Joneses

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The other day as I was getting ready to do my exercises Jed took a look at my tummy and said, "You sure are getting fat with that baby in there!" But lest my self-esteem should be dealt too hard a blow, this morning he said to me, "I'm so glad you're not a mean mommy!" I said, "You think I'm a nice mommy?" "Yes!" This very enthusiastically. Okay, so maybe I'm not Supermom and my son thinks I look fat, but at least in his eyes I'm a nice mommy. :-)

Speaking of being heavy with baby, only one month to go before Baby arrives! If the Lord had consulted me at Creation about the gestational period for babies, I would have recommended six months rather than nine. Nine months is just too long. I was ready to have this baby a month ago. Not much fun feeling like a house, when none of your clothes fit and your back hurts and it's hard to get a breath sometimes and blah, blah, blah. But it'll all be worth it when we can finally hold little Jackson in our arms!

We have been homeschooling very steadily now for over three months, with our only vacation being last week for Thanksgiving and a few days here and there for sickness or appointments. I'd say that overall it's going very well. Keeping Chloe and Tucker occupied is still a battle, but lately I've been able to come up with some special activities for them so they don't just end up watching Little Bear. I consider it a good day with Jed when we read a Bible story, do a page of math, and do a reading lesson. Extra good days are when we're able to do other subjects like Heritage Studies, art, music, or science. Thankfully in first grade he's not going to be screwed for life if we don't do the extras every day! Next year and the years after that I'll push those harder. Homeschooling Jed is extremely fulfilling, even though there are days when I want to pull out my hair or stick him on the school bus, or both. The Lord is so good to have not only given us the calling to homeschool our family but also the desire and grace to do it with joy!

5 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Homeschooling is very rewarding and very scary sometimes. I do think it is worth every minute we give our kids! You are doing great, Jill!

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

Bless your heart -- I'm sure you're doing a great job and it will be all worth it in the end (and now)!

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger ~jenna said...

i can't say enough how GREAT you are looking! also, it is the best and hardest job we will ever have, glad we have the Lord on our side:)

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Jenna, you sweetie. Thank you for those encouraging words. And thank you, Sue and Kristi, as well! You guys are good friends.

 
At 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackson, eh? Jackson Jones, hmm, has a ring to it, that it does :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home