Keeping Up with the Joneses

Friday, July 22, 2005

What are the odds?

About three weeks ago when my parents and my sister Kristi were visiting we all went down to Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. Old Sturbridge Village is a fascinating reconstruction of a colonial town. But I'm not here to describe it, though I do highly recommend it if you ever have the chance. Something happened there, though, that I still can't believe. At one point I was walking down a lane when I passed a girl who looked very familiar. It took two seconds for me to place her. I turned around and ran after her, calling her name. She didn't recognize me at first until I explained that we had been in Russia together back in 1992 (she hadn't changed one iota, but my hair was a lot longer then so it took her a minute to remember me). Now get this--at the time we were in Russia together 13 years ago, she was from Hawaii and I was from Washington State. Tell me what the odds are that we would meet in Massachusetts 13 years later, her married and living in Connecticut and me living in New Hampshire??? As Syndrome in The Incredibles would say, "I'm still geeking out about it!"

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

What a neat experience! Thanks for sharing! That is worth "geeking out" about I think.

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Loreo said...

That'll be a relief of a coincidence!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home